WhiteWalls ss_blog_claim=0715ad90bc7bfcde32c3d390e1f6ea2d Just A Thought: Why I Believe In Christ as My Lord and Saviour

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Why I Believe In Christ as My Lord and Saviour

I grew up in a Christian family. Went to church every Sunday; went to youth group on Fridays...and so on. But I didn't believe. I just went and did those things because Mom and Dad told me to. But I hated going. I was an Agnostic (DEFINITION: one who neither believes nor disbelieves in God; one who believes that there is not enough evidence either way.)

Then I entered into High School. In my Freshman year of high school, I had a tumor growing on my ovaries. The surgery caused me to miss school for one semester (about 3-4 months) - being tutored at home. Then in my Sophmore year, I sprained both my ankles (at the same time). I sprained them so bad that, I had to use a wheelchair in school for about a month. I hated it, I was humiliated because most of my "friends" thought I was faking it. I was also sexually assaulted in school. He told everyone in school that I asked for it - even after we pressed charges. In my Junior year, I developed sciatica. I had to walk with a cane for about 90% of the time that year. I missed about a month of school (sporadically), I lost all the people I called friends then. No one talked to me, I was all alone. I was depressed and all alone. I wanted to die.

During my junior year, as I was contemplating suicide, I finally realized that God was trying to get my attention. He allowed all those things happen to me, because He loved me and wanted me to learn about Him. I finally became a Christian at the age of 16. My Senior year, nothing happened.

The summer after senior year, I went on a missions trip to Portugal. That changed my life even more, I saw those people living in such filth! Yet, they found peace and strength in Christ. It strengthened my faith even more.

I believe in Christ, because He saved me so many times. Yes, a lot of things happened - but He didn't let me die.

0 comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites
Visit twitter moms
 
The Home for Christian writers!
Churchcrunch.com - The Intersection of Technology and the Church