WhiteWalls ss_blog_claim=0715ad90bc7bfcde32c3d390e1f6ea2d Just A Thought: Great Faith

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Great Faith

There have been many stories of great faith; but only one sticks out in my mind. The woman who was diseased for twelve years.


Luk 8:43 Now a woman, having a flow of blood for twelve years, who had spent all her livelihood on physicians and could not be healed by any,

Can you picture her pain? This is how I saw it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Abigail was in tears, twelve years was way too long to have to go through this pain. She was always in pain. The nights were filled with her agonizing screams as she clutched her blood soaked sheets. Each day was filled with doctors doing awful things to her, in hopes of healing this poor woman. Pain was her constant companion.

With her money now completely gone; she had nowhere else to turn. No more doctors, no more faith healers. No more anyone - she was all alone. Her family and friends shunned her, believing she received disease because of her sin.

"I cannot do this anymore," she said in determination. Struggling to walk because of her pain, she went into the kitchen and picked up a knife. "I cannot deal with this pain! I will not be shunned any longer!"

As she went to kill herself, she heard voices. She turned to see her neighbors talking outside; she was overhearing their conversation.

"Yes, they say he is the Messiah," said one "He is doing great miracles amongst our people! Did you see Elizabeth? She can walk!"

"I heard he is coming to the village today, we must go out to meet this Jesus!" said the other.

She stood up and began to walk out to meet this man who they called the Messiah. "This man will heal me. He is the Messiah!" She tried to walk as fast as she could, but had to stop frequently because of her pain. "I must keep going, because he will save me. He will see me and have pity on me, and save me." Tears were running down her face - because of the joy she felt at meeting her healer and because the pain was getting worse.

She had never felt this much pain; it was as if her body didn't want to be healed. "I must continue walking, so that I can meet my healer."

As she turned the corner, she saw a large crowd of people. "It's Jesus," was all she heard over and over again.

She started to maneuver the crowds, trying to get closer to him. A strange thought popped into her head, "What if he is too busy? What if he won't heal me?" she quickly pushed that thought out of her mind. "All I need to do is merely touch the hem of his garment to be healed."

As she moved closer, she was over taken by him. She began to cry, there was something about him that made her think..."I want to be near him."

She reached out her frail hand and touched his garment...

Luke 8:47-48 ...came from behind and touched the border of His garment. And immediately her flow of blood stopped. And Jesus said, "Who touched Me?" When all denied it, Peter and those with him said, "Master, the multitudes throng and press You, and You say, 'Who touched Me?' " But Jesus said, "Somebody touched Me, for I perceived power going out from Me." Now when the woman saw that she was not hidden, she came trembling; and falling down before Him, she declared to Him in the presence of all the people the reason she had touched Him and how she was healed immediately. And He said to her, "Daughter, be of good cheer; your faith has made you well. Go in peace."

0 comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites
Visit twitter moms
 
The Home for Christian writers!
Churchcrunch.com - The Intersection of Technology and the Church