WhiteWalls ss_blog_claim=0715ad90bc7bfcde32c3d390e1f6ea2d Just A Thought: The Know-It-Alls in your life...

Monday, November 10, 2008

The Know-It-Alls in your life...


Have you ever come across a person who claims to know it all? No matter what the subject, they know the answer to it. And don't even think you can challenge them...uh-uh, they will sit/stand there and argue with you. You must realize that they are the smarter ones...that they are better than you! Yea, Right.



I've known a few people like that in my lifetime - all high and mighty. I laugh about it now, but back when I knew them, all I wanted to do was 'smack 'em upside the head' - as my mom would say. The last thing I wanted to do was...be nice to them. The idea of being a servant to them in anyway was perposterous! I would even go to the point of avoiding these types of people. As I have grown in the Lord, I have learned to deal with people like that. The best way really is to 'kill them with kindness'.

Phl 2:5-8: Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, [and] coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to [the point of] death, even the death of the cross. (NKJV)

Such great verses to live by and really concentrate on when you come across the know-it-all. Jesus, the Son of God: "did not consider it robbery to be equal with God" (NKJV) or "did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped" (NIV). The one person who does know-it-all humbled himself by becoming an 'average joe'. He knew the extent of His power but He knew He had to be the servant of all. He took the form, of a bondservant [Definition - one who is a servant to pay off any monetary debt] so that we could live. So that we could gain eternal life.



In this day and age, everything is about self. How will this help me, or how can I benefit from that? Why am I friends with this person, what are they going to do for me? With all these temptations, we need to keep these verses close to our minds and hearts. I know I do.

We will always come across those people you want to 'smack upside the head'; but instead be a servant to all. Kill them with kindness. :o)

0 comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites
Visit twitter moms
 
The Home for Christian writers!
Churchcrunch.com - The Intersection of Technology and the Church