WhiteWalls ss_blog_claim=0715ad90bc7bfcde32c3d390e1f6ea2d Just A Thought: Never Lose Heart

Friday, November 7, 2008

Never Lose Heart

Here is an awesome devotional from Joyce Meyers' book "Never Lose Heart". It totally blessed me with all that Dave and I are going through.







Be still and Know God.


God's Word For You

Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth! - Psalm 46:10

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.

In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6


One of the main reasons so many of us are burned out and stressed out is that we don't know how to be still, to "know" God and "acknowledge" Him. When we spend time with Him, we learn to hear His voice. When we acknowledge Him, He directs our paths. We need to learn to be quiet inside and stay in that peaceful state so that we are always ready to hear the Lord's voice.


Many people today run from one thing to the next. Because their minds don't know how to be still, they don't know how to be still.


For a long time I felt I had to find something to do every evening. I had to be involved and a part of whatever was going on. I thought I couldn't afford to miss anything because I didn't want anything to go on that I didn't know about. I couldn't just sit and be still. I had to be up and doing something. I was not a human being - I was a human doing.


We need to be careful to submit our ideas and plans to God, then slow down and wait. Make sure there is a sense of peace to go along with the plans and ideas. Ask the Lord for His will in your life, then be still and know that He is God.



God gives His highest and best to those whose trust is in Him. Be still and let Him show Himself strong in your life.

0 comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites
Visit twitter moms
 
The Home for Christian writers!
Churchcrunch.com - The Intersection of Technology and the Church