WhiteWalls ss_blog_claim=0715ad90bc7bfcde32c3d390e1f6ea2d Just A Thought: The Importance of Color

Monday, October 13, 2008

The Importance of Color

Daily, I am amazed at how important color can be to some people. Where I might see that the color should be Blue, others (clients, friends, family – whoever), see Red – and then blame you for the color problem :o). Now, if this is a client then – obviously – they are right. But what if I see no color? What if all they see is color…and have a problem with that…what do you do?

During this election, I have been flabbergasted by the violent outcry of people against Obama. I cannot remain silent any longer; America is not as far evolved as we would like to think. Now, I am not trying to sound pro- anyone…I am merely making a point. I read on CNN.com, that people are actually expressing their decision to not vote for Obama merely because of his skin color. Gerry McEntee is the President of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees. He is also a leader in the AFL-CIO’s 2008 election program. He spoke recently, at a labor rally in Ohio, of his frustration about the refusal, of some white union members to support Obama.

"When it gets real bad, and they never -- with this one -- look you in the eye, 'Well, I can't vote for him,' " McEntee told the diverse union audience. "This doesn't even come out in code -- it comes out like this: 'I can't vote for him because he is a black man. He's not one of us.' Well, sisters and brothers, when you hear that, you know what you ought to say? This is what I say: 'That is bull----! That is total, absolute bull----!' "

In my other blog, I stipulate that McCain has a lot to do with this foolishness. I don’t mean to imply that he is the main cause; I mean to say that he is not helping things at all. He is truly the perfect example of what America used to be. He recently said in a rally that “he indeed respected Senator Obama, and thought of him as a decent man…a family man, and that there was no need for anyone to fear him if he were to be elected president.” But I think the damage has been done.

I received a comment on that blog entry in which the person implied that if the shoe was on the other foot, the liberals would be screaming that the world would come to an end or “how gay people are going to be locked up”. You know what? I agree with her to a point. I doubt the liberals would be screaming “Cane McCain to Death!” or something else too violent to think about. Then again… :o)

Come on people. What is the deal? How can color be so important?? Here are some awesojme words from dc Talk, that I think we need to start listening to:

Pardon me, your epidermis is showing, sir
I couldn't help but note your shade of melanin
I tip my hat to the colorful arrangement
Cause I see the beauty in the tones of our skin

We've gotta come together
And thank the Maker of us all

CHORUS:
We're colored people, and we live in a tainted place
We're colored people, and they call us the human race
We've got a history so full of mistakes
And we are colored people who depend on a Holy Grace
A piece of canvas is only the beginning for
It takes on character with every loving stroke
This thing of beauty is the passion of an Artist's heart
By God's design, we are a skin kaleidoscope

We've gotta come together,
Aren't we all human after all?

Ignorance has wronged some races
And vengeance is the Lord's
If we aspire to share this space
Repentance is the cure

Well, just a day in the shoes of a color blind man
Should make it easy for you to see
That these diverse tones do more than cover our bones
As a part of our anatomy.....

0 comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites
Visit twitter moms
 
The Home for Christian writers!
Churchcrunch.com - The Intersection of Technology and the Church