WhiteWalls ss_blog_claim=0715ad90bc7bfcde32c3d390e1f6ea2d Just A Thought: Something Odd

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Something Odd

There has been something on my heart lately; and I just honestly couldn't place what it was. It has been bugging me since New Year's Eve. I've just been discombobulated, for lack of a better word. My spirit has been unsettled...don't know why. I just have this feeling like something huge is going to happen this year.

Have you ever had that feeling? Just knowing that there is something huge that going to happen and there is nothing you can do about it. Now here's the thing....what could it be? A million things have been going through my mind. Is it that I'm going to get pregnant again? Is it that the economic crisis is going to really adversely affect Dave and I? Is it about my book that I'm writing? Or is it something huge is going to happen to America?

Then it hit me....like a brick to the face. [SIDEBAR: I am going to break my rule and start talking about Politics here]. I really think that we are not going to get out of this crisis...things are just going to get worse. I think, no let me change that....I know that something is happening to America. Can't put my finger on it, but something is happening that we are not going to recover from. Whether it be as Daniel-In-The-Den says in his latest blog entry: A New Year Prediction or just the economic crisis reaching even lower. Just something.

It hit me this morning: I was floored when the TODAY show had a Scientologist on the show defending their religion. When someone in the Christian faith could not do so. They would edit it or interrupt them. There have been many times that people of faith have been seen as the crazy ones, the ones who "leave their brains at the doorway" - and we are not allowed to defend ourselves. I'm not saying that I want people to be able to defend themselves on TV - we have the Lord on our side who needs TV's right? I know God works in mysterious ways....its just so sad to see how crazy we have gotten.

Sorry to rant like this but.....everything is totally screwed up.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Add to Technorati Favorites
Visit twitter moms
 
The Home for Christian writers!
Churchcrunch.com - The Intersection of Technology and the Church