WhiteWalls ss_blog_claim=0715ad90bc7bfcde32c3d390e1f6ea2d Just A Thought: Redeeming Post....

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Redeeming Post....






Okay, so because of my last post, I feel like I need to have a redeeming post. Need people to see that I am not only about the job.

Speaking of not being only about the job; I wonder how people (who are all about the job) do it. How can they have a fulfilling life? How can they have any life? I am a Blog Manager for Talent Zoo, and I get emails from all hours of the night from people. It makes me sad. I used to be all about my job. I used to be a Reports Analyst for a company called Carey International. Loved the job, I mean I was all about the job! Would get to work at 7:30am and wouldn't leave until about 5:30 or 6pm. My boss loved me, I was always there for her, got her lunch, ran her errands. I was basically a personal assistant and definitely not being paid for it. But I never complained, I did it because I felt bad for her (no one liked her); and I wanted to learn from her as well (of course).
But, then, my husband started to work overnight, and I never saw him. My boss used to tell me that I had the best type of marriage, one where I hardly ever saw my husband. Needless to say, I started leaving on time from work (so I had more time to see my husband), I started taking my lunches (to have lunch with my husband) and I was penalized for it. My boss used to let me do whatever I wanted, but when I started being a normal employee and not being all about the job.....she watched me like a hawk as if I was....I don't know, a thief or something.

My boss was all about the job. She would come to work at 8am, and sometimes wouldn't leave until 7 or 8pm. When she would talk to her kids on the phone, it was as if they were a bother to her. How can people talk like that to their kids? [Sidebar: I know kids are annoying, but it's another thing to constantly telling them that they are annoying or that they are really bothering you]

You know that movie: "The Devil Wears Prada"? Awesome movie right? Well, my boss was just like Meryl Streep. I just felt so bad for her. She was a very shrewd business woman, but she had a horrible, very sad personal life.

I finally left that place, to work at Talent Zoo. I now work from home, and see my husband more. Which is quite honestly totally awesome!

Yea, there are times when he annoys me (what husband doesn't annoy his wife); but I have to say that honestly we have never had a better relationship. We actually have fun together. And when he goes to work now, it doesn't bother me as much. Next step getting knocked up!!

But to get back on topic, how can people have lives working around the clock? They would never see their families. Never see their kids grow up. There is this song, I don't remember the name of the song, but the gist of it was: this man who was so busy with work and his life; that he never had time for his son. But then he retires (or something like that) and he now wants to spend all his time with his son and his son has no time for him. It's so sad, but so true. I can't help but feel bad for those people, I mean yea some of them are filthy rich.....but money doesn't guarantee happiness (no matter what people think).
But now, even as I write this, I realize that without some of those people working around the clock...we wouldn't have some of the wonderful things what we have now!

So you know what??
KUDOS TO YOU PEOPLE WHO WORK AROUND THE CLOCK TO BETTER OUR ECONOMY!!!!!

0 comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites
Visit twitter moms
 
The Home for Christian writers!
Churchcrunch.com - The Intersection of Technology and the Church